Puppy Cut Dog Haircut, Easy and Good Looking
The puppy cut is a simple dog haircut that once created is easy maintenance. It’s basically the next step beyond the summer cut in regards to length.
For anyone who can help. BFF4Pets is a small rescue group of just a few people who last year saved 95 dogs. If you can help them with donations, foster homes or a forever home please go to bff4pets.com.
The dog grooming equipment
needed for creating this dog haircut is as follows:
- Nail clippers
- Ear cleaning supplies
- Dog grooming scissors
- Dog grooming clippers
- #10 clipper blade
- #30 clipper blade
#1 or #2 clipper blade comb
- Dog grooming brush
- Dog grooming comb
- Dog grooming shampoo
- Coat conditioner if wanted
First you will want to do all
of your prep work:
- Trim the hair growing out
from under the pads of the feet.
- With a #10 blade clip around
the anus and underneath your dog to include the last 4 nipples going back to
the private areas.
- Brush your dog out well and
comb check to make sure there are no tangles or mats.
- Clean the ears if needed.
- Put your dog in the bathtub
to empty the anal gland if needed.
- Bath your dog being sure to
rinse well so you get all shampoo out of the coat.
- Apply conditioner and
- Brush your dog out until your comb goes thru the
coat with no resistance.
Now to do your puppy
- From your dog grooming tools
put your #30 blade on the dog grooming clipper, attach the clipper blade comb
of choice and begin your dog haircut.
- Take your comb and lift the
hair up so it stands up off the body and legs.
This will help your clipper blade cut through the hair and not over it.
- Starting at the base of the
skull and following the lay of the coat clip the neck, shoulders, chest and
your dog’s body and legs. Don’t forget
to include the underarms and the underside of your dog. Keep lifting the coat with your comb and
going over your dog until no more hair comes off.
- Scissor your dog’s head to
the desired shape.
- Trim up your dog’s tail if
wanted or needed.
- With your dog grooming
scissors trim up the feet.
- With all of that done you
have finished your dog haircut.
Hand scissor puppy cut:
- With your dog facing away
from you scissor the body and rear legs all to the same length.
- Turn your dog towards you,
scissor the neck and shoulders around to the chest and down the front legs
keeping the coat the same length all over.
- Trim up the tail if wanted or
- Trim up around the paws
- Create the head of choice:
Teddy Bear Head or maybe Terrier. By now you should know what you can do with
your dog’s coat.
Leave our puppy cut page and
return our dog haircut page.